Kt's NZ Blog

The journey continues....

Monday, October 16, 2006

Catch up Part 1

Due to one or two things I haven't posted for a while. The main reason is that I've been suffering from dizzy spells for the past couple of weeks and so I've been staying away from computers as much as possible, as they seem to make me feel worse. I think (fingers crossed) they're on their way out now so yay for that. Anyhoo, back to happier things. Not the weekend just gone, but the weekend before (on the Friday evening) I went to see the quarter finals of the Air New Zealand Cup between Wellington and Canterbury. We won, and though right now I can't remember the score, fair to say we got them good!! Below is Dan Carter taking a penalty kick - he scored most of Canterbury's points, and the commentator made a rather nice jibe at this saying Wellington 17 (or something) Dan Carter.. I mean Canterbury 9. HA!! And what was his hair doing?!
It had been freezing and peeing down most of the day, but luckily the wind dropped, and the rain stopped so all that was needed was a few layers. This is me and Sarah during the interval.
And this is Nick celebrating one of Wellingtons many tries. It was an ace match.
Saturday involved a jaunt into town with Laura, and something else - oh yes a trip over to Sally and Caroline's to watch the Break Up - is that right girls? I'm not entirely sure!!
Sunday turned out a gorgeous day so myself, Sally and Caroline went for a walk. I popped into town early to catch the last day of the Constable exhibition at Te Papa which was well worth a visit - stunning, and then met them for a spot of lunch on the waterfront. We went to Seatoun and the surrounding area for our walk, sticking to the coast most of the way, spying for ships and other sea faring things,
Here we see a New Zealand institution -the Interislander..
We also got quite a surprise when we accidentally stumbled on a nudist beach - though we just thought it was three randomly naked men, it wasn't until i got home that I was informed it was in fact a nudist beach. Here is a view of it from above. Don't worry there's no flash - aha ha ha ha aha ha. So bad!!
This is a view of Seatoun looking out towards Chocolate Fish, which is of course where we headed next for the good old chocloate cake. mmmmmmmm.

And a little thing for you LOTR fans - this is the school field where the set of Bree was constructed. A thank you, and adieu.

xxxx

1 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Blogger Kt said...

Lovely to catch up on all your news dearest- and fantastic punning work! I miss Wellington so much. It is one of those horrid days in the Deen when the sky is the same colour as the buildings, but I'm going to Toni and Guy this lunchtime, huzza x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home