Kt's NZ Blog

The journey continues....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thank you for reading

Last night I did something I've been wanting to do for ages, but somehow never got round to - I went to the cinema by myself. You people have probably done it yourselves and thus think what's the big deal? and I don't suppose it is a big deal, it's just I'm happy to have finally done it. What was even better was that it was in a small screen into which I was the first to enter, and I was greeted with music from LOTR. I couldn't think of anything more fitting. Then came Harry Potter music and Pirates - it was brill. The film was really good too (Thank You For Smoking), so if you haven't already got it on order dad then I suggest you do.
In response to comments on a previous post
- Anna of course McFly is in the same league - hope you have a fab time (who's going wit ya?)
- Sally's mum I'm not sure if Carole is doing a world tour, if i hear anything i'll let you know. Hope you have a good trip.
I'd also like to do a shout out to Auntie Margaret and Uncle Geoff who were on Northwest Tonight a couple of weeks ago (not sure of the date) with their larger than life tomatoes - lovin it!! I assume the moment's been captured on tape/dvd?
Right, it's hometime so I'm off. ta ta. xxxxx

6 Comments:

At 8:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much to catch up on having been away. Had a quick read through before the hairdressers - will have to read more slowly later and inwardly digest. Photos wonderful as usual.

 
At 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to the movies by myself all the time, but um, that's probably not something to brag about.

But, anyway, yes, _Thank You for Smoking_ was indeed very clever.

"Why is America the best country on earth, Dad?"
"Because of our endless appeals system."

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger Kt said...

Wayhey, I write this from QM Hell, yes, I finally picked up my ID card and am about to start my first PhD library session, you know how happy this makes me! I really want to see 'Thank you for smoking' but I believe it has been and gone here, curses!

 
At 3:39 am, Blogger Harthside said...

Well done you! Always good to have a sense of achievement.... e.g. like actually getting on the Blog, yes after our 'little talk' today I mean Blog (no typo) although been using t'other as well...
Am processing photos from last hol', and lots to come, but its nearly time for squash... fingers crossed for an update!

 
At 4:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to go to the cinema on my own all the time, it's great. Not as good as 1 person parties....but that's another story. Thank You for Smoking is ace, where'd you go see it about, Rialto?

 
At 5:02 pm, Blogger Kt said...

Nah, Reading. I do not know the whereabouts of this Rialto you speak of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home