Kt's NZ Blog

The journey continues....

Friday, February 23, 2007

As always happens...

....when you say you have no time to write, suddenly you find yourself with the time. Here I am in Rotorua with 10 days left in this beautiful country and mum and dad have headed back to the jade shop to buy even more jade. Not that I'm complaining I've got a cool necklace out of it. Anyhoo. Yup I'll be home 2 weeks today and I'm pretty darn scared about it all. Nice to know there'll be lots of people to see and places to visit when I get back. We've done so much travelling now that I can't possibly fill you in on all of it, but I do have to mention that we went to Waitomo Caves yday with Spellbound - you remember Sal, and guess who was our guide - Norm!! He remembered us and the tour was as good as last time, plus I didn't freak out when we had to turn our lights out and couldn't see a thing. OOh yes and i'm meeting up for brunch with those two rascals Kate and Pheebs tomorrow. Looking forward to that since we've never managed to meet up since you left. Well those there parents are back now so next time I write will probably be from cafe numero 6 dans the Bay of Isalnds in a weeks time. So get on those comment horses and give me plenty to read and lots of positive messages about home please. Cheers chums. Toodles. xxxx

9 Comments:

At 11:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you shout "Norm!" as though you were in Cheers when you saw him?

Give Kate and Pheebs much love from me, the cheeky monkeys!

Em's up in Aberdeen at the moment and I'm wearing a Rolling Stones t-shirt. Huzza! You must come home xx

 
At 11:40 am, Blogger Kt said...

I don't think i reached the cheers standard of norming, but i did say norm in a loud and familiar manner, and as it's such a great name i used it every time i conversed with hime. Twas great. Huzza hooplah!! xx

 
At 1:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woop woop for your home coming!! dont think i will see you until easter weekend, but we will have to do the catching up then!!
:)
becca

 
At 10:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Found your new blog, well new to Irene and I that is. Tell your mum & dad to look out their thermal underwear before they come home. Its very cold here compared to Queenstown.

Safe journey.

Randall & Irene

 
At 8:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tips for the homecoming: Focus on the positive, even things as minor as you Brits' beloved "proper chocolate" (i.e. UK-produced Cadbury's), because you WILL miss what you left behind. Not just because it's NZ, but because you've surely got(ten) more used to it than you realise. Surround yourself with people who can relate in some way or another--at least you have Sally to talk to reminisce with without worrying that you'll come off like a "travel w*nker!" :-)

And of course you can always e-mail me if you want!

 
At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction from the grammar-obsessive: insert "and" between "talk to" and "reminisce with" in that last post.

Thanks; ANALisa feels much better now!

 
At 2:29 am, Blogger Kt said...

I don't think I'll be ready for anyone this Saturday. Why don't we say the Friday of next week, or the sat - whichever is better for peeps. You just tell me when and where and i'll be there. As long as I make it through this awful flight I'm about to embark upon!! see you shortly. xx

p.s. hi to Randall and Irene. Nice to see you in Queenstown and look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future.

 
At 12:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home